Graines de Paix is searching for a motivated and talented Fundraising Manager to take the lead on our fundraising efforts. The ideal candidate will have a strong fundraising track record, excellent networking abilities and an appetite to grow with our organisation.
Graines de Paix Foundation
Graines de Paix is driven by the urgency to bring forward another type of education. It brings together the deeper learning needs of children and the need to preserve the world. It combines school fulfillment, violence prevention, well-being in class and societal peace. The organization develops and delivers teaching resources, national training programs and school interventions.
It also empowers communities to appreciate such education. They learn how to treat their girls fairly and to value them. It develops community training tools as well as radio/TV programs for the general public.
Established in 2005 in Geneva, it has become in 15 years a key leader in Quality education. It is an international NPO with ECOSOC status since 2012 and has strong endorsement by education authorities. It won the 2019 Smart Peace Prize (Leaders for Peace Foundation). The prize recognizes its major education transformation work for peace. These achievements have led it to become a foundation in late 2020.
Graines de Paix is active in Switzerland, France and West Africa. It receives funds from UNICEF, the Swiss Development Agency (SDC), the city of Geneva, various foundations and private donors. It has signed agreements with Tunisia, Lebanon and Senegal that deserve financing.
Fundraising is a core part of our model. It supports our core costs and enables us to develop innovative educational programs. Your role is to manage existing partnerships with funders and bring in new funders. We have ambitious plans to increase the current fundraising target of CHF 2 million.
Reporting directly to the President, and active member of the Management team, you are expected to shape fundraising and supporting activities at Graines de Paix.You will join a dynamic team of experts in international program management and innovative pedagogy.
Aspects of the role may evolve over time.
Key responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Work closely with the President, the Foundation Council and the Management team
- Develop our fundraising & communication activities to grow our income.
- Build a strong pipeline of new funders. These include trusts, foundations, corporate funders and private donors.
- Expand Graines de Paix’s philanthropy networks and relationships with prospects.
- Strengthen relationships with funders for securing larger and longer-term support.
- Submit high-quality bids for funding and secure significant new funding.
- Write up cases for support, development plans and other fundraising documents.
- Build strong internal relationships to ensure close ties with project delivery teams.
- Create, develop and maintain an effective CRM system to manage donor relations.
Supported by our Digital communications Officer and our volunteer team, your role on communication will includes:
- define the annual communications plan
- heighten recognition of Graines de Paix’s mission as a major and urgent cause to fund
- manage, develop and optimize our website, e-shop, crowdfunding campaigns and social media
- create all print and electronic materials for fundraising activities
- organize our non-profit events, follow up invitees and coordinate our Events volunteers.
We are looking for a dynamic professional that is:
- an ambitious self-starter with a solid and successful fundraising track record.
- looking to make a step up in responsibility
- eager to join a young and dynamic organization in its growth journey
- at ease working in close collaboration with colleagues and trustees.
- highly motivated to shape the fundraising function
- committed to set up best practices within the organization
You share our passion for bringing about Full Quality Education, including:
- education equity, success and fulfillment
- violence and radicalization prevention
- societal peace and respect for nature
You believe in your ability to make a sustained positive impact in this quest.
You are keen to use and develop your network of philanthropy contacts.
Essential skills and experience (5-10 years)
- Convincing experience of fundraising for NGOs, covering both development and account management. Experience with institutional donors, foundations, corporates, HNW individuals
- Experience in leading the funding cycle from beginning to completion, including:
- conducting donor mapping and identifying new international and Swiss funders
- producing persuasive and innovative funding applications
- securing large multi-annual grants (> CHF 100’000), including for M&E projects
- developing other forms of funding
- stewarding, delivering and growing existing funder relationships.
- using and improving CRMs to record and track our funding actions and interactions.
- Strong management skills, including:
- excellent organizational skills for managing employees, interns and volunteers
- the ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload
- empathetic relationship-management skills across diverse audiences and organizations
- excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills in English + French
- attention to detail
- proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook contacts management.
Terms & Conditions
Contract duration: permanent
Start date: as soon as possible
Working hours: Full time (40 hours per week)
Holidays: 25 days p.a +9 Geneva public holidays
Flexible working: open to flexible hours and remote working
Locations: Graines de Paix office (Geneva*) and from home
* Central Geneva, close to all transport.
Please send the following:
- your CV and cover letter
- recommendation letters
- a specimen of one of your funding requests (letter + CN)
by email only,
with the subject title: Candidate-Fundraising Manager – NAME First name
Closing date: January 31, 2021
Before applying please read:
View the job posting on our website
Since we receive a large number of applications, we may not be able to answer you individually. We will consider your application with care and confidentiality. If you are not contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date, your application has not been retained. We thank you warmly for your interest in our organization.