COMMUNICATION & FUNDRAISING INTERNSHIP
TRIAL International is a non-governmental organization fighting impunity for international crimes and supporting victims in their quest for justice. The organization is currently offering a full-time internship position in its External Relations Department in Geneva.
The ideal candidate will be a fast-learning and driven native French or English speaker, with good command of the second language. She/he will have a background in international relations, political science, communication, journalism or other relevant field for the position, as well as strong interest in human rights.
Through a variety of different takes, the intern will gain valuable insight into the mechanisms of fundraising and communication of an international working NGO.
She/he will assist TRIAL International’s External Relations’ team notably in the following tasks:
- Supporting communication activities: Contribute to website updates and to posts on social media;
- Monitor and assess social media and website analytics;
- Drafting, translating, proofreading and editing of fundraising documents such as donor letters, reports, project proposals, concept notes, etc.;
- Contributing to donor mailings (drafting, production, mail merge, etc.);
- Updating and expanding the organization’s CRM database;
- Conducting donor research and screening of potential funding opportunities;
- Assistance with event organization and management for communication and fundraising purposes;
- Participating in internal meetings.
The following skills are required:
- French or English mother tongue or proficiency, excellent command of the second working language;
- Education international relations, political science, communication, journalism or other relevant field for the position, as well as strong interest in human rights;
- Motivated to pursue a career in fundraising and have a particular interest in human rights;
- Good writing skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Candidates should be familiar with using Microsoft Office, WordPress, Canva, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and ideally also Adobe InDesign and Google Analytics;
- Experience in managing a CMS an asset (WordPress);
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Spirit of initiative, dynamism, flexibility and ability to work independently;
- Interest and knowledge in international human rights law.
- Beginning of the internship: As soon as possible
- Percentage of work-time: ideally 100%
- Internship duration: 3-6 months
- TRIAL International is part of the We Pay Our Interns Initiative and provides a stipend for every internship
- The candidates, if not Swiss nationals, must either hold a Student B permit or citizenship of a EU/EFTA country.
In order to be eligible for the position, candidates must fall into one of the following three categories:
- Current students: mandatory or optional internship pursued as part of the curriculum leading to an academic degree or professional qualification;
- Orientation internship pursued shortly after the completion of a first degree (e.g. Bachelor’s), in view of a second training (e.g. Master’s degree) on condition that the university awarding the degree attests the relevance and usefulness of the internship;
- Internship pursued with the aim of assisting the intern’s social or professional reintegration, under the oversight of the cantonal or federal-level authorities.
Candidates must send their application in English or French, including a one-page cover letter and a CV to email@example.com, with the subject line “Application for Communication & Fundraising internship”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.