Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the agency and skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world where the solutions will outrun our social problems. With its global network of over 3 000 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10 000 youth ventures, 180+ changemaker schools and 30+ changemaker campuses – as well as with its community of 20 000+ innovators on Changemakers.com – Ashoka empowers young people with the skills to create and drive solutions for the good of all, and helps build and evolve enabling environments to help them thrive in a world of constant change. More details on www.ashoka.org
Do details make your world go round? Here in the Operations team, we know that changing the world depends on getting the little things right and we’d like to find someone who shares this understanding. We’re looking for an Office Angel – someone who provides the team with tools and resources to boost their productivity and nurture a positive and collaborative working environment. Our ideal candidate would be a natural problem-solver, a serial-organizer and a detail-oriented coordinator.
Working across all programs and teams, the role would involve supporting and managing the systems and processes that keep the Ashoka Switzerland family running happily. The successful candidate will have strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills, and will be self-motivated as well as a strong team player. We’re especially keen to meet someone familiar with bookkeeping and financial reporting.
We expect the candidate to enthusiastically join in our core organizational activities as well. This is a great opportunity to experience working in the not-for-profit / social entrepreneurship sector and take on considerable responsibilities.
Reports to: Ashoka Switzerland Director;
Time commitment: part time, 2 or 2,5 days a week based on the seniority of the candidate;
Location: Ashoka Geneva’s office;
Start date: ASAP
- Set up, improve and manage financial processes according to our policies and established deadlines;
- Prepare annual budget forecasts for Ashoka Switzerland, and keep track of actuals (income and expenditure);
- Manage income-related entries on Salesforce (forecasts, pipeline and tracking expected payments);
- Manage expenditure and reporting for local partnerships according to grant agreements and donations’ restrictions in a timely and accurate manner;
- Liaise with outsourced bookkeeping agency and back-office team in India;
- Coordinate cash transfers to / from other Ashoka offices;
- Prepare regular reports to different audiences: Ashoka Switzerland director, board of the Foundation, Ashoka Global, local donors, etc.;
- Coordinate relationships with our accountants and support them on the preparation of our annual audit report;
- Coordinate the migration of our financial system from NetSuite into SAP Business One with the support of Ashoka Global Finance Team.
- Manage relationships with legal advisors and regulating organizations;
- Timely and accurately manage the Foundation’s filings and comply with legal requirements of Switzerland regulating organizations;
- Support to organize board meetings, ensure accurate minutes and coordinate resolutions;
- Set up, improve and manage HR processes according to our policies, and update policies when needed;
- Support to prepare and renew staff contracts;
- Liaise with Ashoka Global HR Team and local payroll fiduciary agency;
- Join team meetings, team building activities and other cross-program opportunities.
Required skills and experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Experience in finance management, preferably in Switzerland;
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills;
- Able to work on own initiative and under minimal supervision;
- Strong team player;
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with diverse audiences;
- Proficient in Excel;
- Proficient in English.
- Experience in charity management;
- Familiar with SAP Business One (or other financial / accounting system);
- Familiar with Salesforce (or other CRM system).
Ashoka has a rigorous screening process for hiring staff at all career stages. All applicants for all positions must possess the following qualities along with the appropriate degree of experience:
- Entrepreneurship/Intrapreneurship: compelled to take creative initiative and ownership (e.g. founding an organization or company, starting a movement, or re-shaping the work of an existing organization), demonstrate relentless and realistic how-to-thinking and passion for seeing their ideas come to life.
- Understanding and Belief in the Everyone a Changemaker: understand and believe the Everyone a Changemaker vision at a gut level. To be able to innately ‘get’ this, candidates should have a broad and inquisitive intellectual and a thinking pattern that connects the dots between historical trends and current social context.
- Emotional and Social Intelligence: ability to work efficiently and respectfully in teams, putting organizational/team goal first (personal glory second).
- Ethical Fiber: exceptionally strong ethical behavior, self-reflectiveness and strong empathy skills, trustworthy.
- Self-Definition: the candidate expects that changing the world in big ways and on a continental scale is what he/she will do in life.